Tuesday, August 17, 2010

VBS

It has been longer than I realized. Some days it seems that nothing new ever happens even while new things are happening. I agreed to be in charge of crafts for Vacation Bible School. It was really fun. I was able to "invent" my own crafts to match the theme. I like to use crafts that have a basic design, (i.s. toilet roll rockets) and leave room for the children to use their imaginations. They are so inventive and they all make things that look different.
I just forget that as an older person I don't have the energy I did and my feet and back get tired and sore. This just started a few years ago. I think I can make it better, but it just gets worse. I am not ready to surrender for good, just on the days I hurt the most. VBS was fun and I love being involved.
On Saturday my sister Susie came to visit. We went to see Menopause the musical. It was so much fun. My sister also gave Sarah and me baking lessons. We baked bread. It is sooooo good. We made cinnamon rolls. They need to be frozen so I don't eat them all and make my feet worse. We made Pastel de Elote. It is one of my favorites. Susie was so patient and wonderful. Everything came out really wonderful. Susie is an awesome cook.
We played with Sarah's kittens. Both are girls and calico. One kitten is so shy she takes a long time to warm up to you, but she is very cuddly. The other kitten is very funny and busy. She managed to pick up a tennis ball and carry it a short way. She runs with the dog when we throw balls for her. Susie claims she is ADD and can't stay on the same track for more than a few seconds. She has the best time. When she is tired she just flops on her side. She has not heard that cats are graceful animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment