Friday, July 23, 2010

July? Already?

Hi Blog,
I didn't actually die. I just took a really long break. I went to my wonderful grandson's first birthday. It is awesome to have a grandson. It is even better to know his parents are doing a great job. I know they would benefit from lots of my advice, but I have nothing to suggest that they aren't already doing. Maybe they could start each day telling him I am the best grandma anyone ever had. His other grandma could be second best. or really good too. I will work on refining that concept.
I am amazed that, when I only see him every few months, my grandson seems to remember me. There is no gift as precious as a bright smile from my grandson. I would like a million dollars to go with each smile, but I don't think I will hold my breath.
Taffy, the dog, took me for a walk today. She seems happy to do this any time I am willing. It is kind of sad, but she is truly my best friend at this point. As soon as I get more energy I will work on that too.
I am reading Harry Potter again because Sarah told me to. She is very persuasive. She just turned 17. She was one yesterday. Who lets these kids grow up so fast? Morgan and Kara had better keep an eye on Jasper so he takes the regular amount of time to grow up.
I have a lot of tomatoes on my plants this year. Unfortunately the white flies have discoverer them and we are having a contest. The flies are winning. I am planting more tomatoes around the corner and not telling the white flies about it. I have to fight the snails for my cucumber plant as well. Daunne was afraid it was a squash plant and was ready to do it in herself.
This summer is just so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment