Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It has been a while, but I have something I need to remember. Morgan, you might want to skip reading this one. It is about my spiritual life. I find I need to work on it because I am allowing things that seem unkind to drag me into a negative place in my heart.
I believe, maybe know, there is good in everyone. Sometimes it is in a very hidden place because of events in their life. Sometimes I have trouble seeing it because of events in my life and the way I have judged as a result of my reactions. I decided to work on this problem yesterday. It was a simple process. As I drove to gourd class I would just practice saying, "I see the goodness in you." I would say, and try to connect with the truth of it, as I saw other people. As it turned out, other people were also in cars and I started thinking, "How can I know if I am seeing the good in people when I can't see the people? I just see cars, and it can't be correct to try to see the people by the cars they are driving. I have no way of knowing why they are even in that particular car. " The glare of the sun was such that I could only see the impression of a person, the shape, as I drove past. Then it hit me. That was really the point. Just as I only had the impression of the person driving the car, I have only the impression of the people I see. Even if I see them often, I don't truly know what is inside. I don't know what forces are working on them, or what motivates their behavior. I don't know if they are sick, hurt, afraid, or if they have just learned a different way and I am miss-interpreting them. I probably am reacting to what would really be the shadow of the whole person. I want to remember this lesson. I want to be more kind and positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment